Thursday, October 13, 2011

Confession to Consumerism


When it comes to clothes/shoes and shopping period I'm a big consumer. When I see new things coming out designed by my favorite stores I shop at on commercial or in a magazine I feel the urge that I need to get them. I honestly don't know which one I consume the most out of shoes or clothes. I think I consume more shoes because there are so many styles, colors and brands to choose from. I feel like if I don't get what I seen advertised, then see someone else with it that makes me upset and urges me to spend more money on the things that I really don't need.

I fall into their trap and get the things I see that they advertise because of the deals/discounts or sales they may have going on at the time is was being adevertised. Being that the sales are for limited time I have to get it before it's too late, although it will still be there when the sale is over I would rather save money by going when there's a discount. Other people may tend to fall into the trap of things being advertised because they might of heard it was coming out before it was even in stores, and they could've possibly read about it on the internet, magazine, email, etc.

I believe we should by the things we actually need instead of what we more so want because I guarantee there would be more money being saved on our part. Businesses/Companies wouldn't go out of business but their customers would most likely decrease, less visiting is what I mean when I say decrease.